Thursday, September 07, 2006

I'm A Fan!

A first grade teacher in Knoxville, Tennessee, explained to her class
that she was a Tennessee fan. She asked her students to raise their
hands if they, too, were Tennessee fans. Everyone in the class raised

their hand except for one little girl.

The teacher looked at the little girl with surprise and said, "Janie,
why didn't you raise your hand?"

"Because I am not a Tennessee fan," she replied.

The teacher, still shocked, asked, "Well, if you are not a Tennessee
fan, what kind of a fan are you?"

"I'm a Memphis fan," Janie replied.

The teacher could not believe her ears. "Janie, WHY are you a Memphis fan?"

"Because my mom is a Memphis fan, my dad is a Memphis fan, so I am a
Memphis fan also."

"Well," said the teacher in an obviously annoyed tone, "that is no
reason for you to be a Memphis fan. You don't have to be just like
your parents all the time. What if your mom was a stupid, arrogant
jackass and your dad was a stupid, arrogant jackass, what would you be
then?"

"Then," Janie smiled, "We'd be Tennessee fans."